LEDIMIDAS CHOCOLATES 5th generations of craftmenships.
Quality, Tradition, Innovation
1991 Dimtri Daskalidès Ledimidas International founder 1991.
2008 Alain Patenaude, President Ledimidas Canada Inc.
- The origin of LeDimidas a contraction of Dimitri Daskalidès last name and his nick name in Brussels Le Dime can be traced back to late1800's in Belgium but since 1760 in Constantinople then the capital of
the Ottoman empire.
- Since 1760, the Kestekidès family of pasty chefs have been providers of candied chesnuts, candied fruits & nougats made from crops harvested from the famous
Cappadokian orchards knowned since antiquity.
- In 1844 Jean Frederic Krieger open his first establisment Fritz in Brussels and popularized the modern potatoes fries '' Frites-Frieten Fritz'' in Belgium. His
half-brother Georges Krieger Zacharidès invented le ''coupe fritz'' a tools to cut stiks from a potatoes.
- 1852. The famous Fritz Waffles that later become in the USA the famous Belgian waffles in 1904 at the St Louis World fair.
- 1894 In Antwerp, Belgium at the International world fair, the candied Fruit met Chocolate for the first time Georges and his two sons Léonidas and Dimitrios Kestekidès start the
import export from Constantinople to Belgium.
- 1897 International fair in Brussels: invention of the Mendiant.( a Chocolate incrusted with candied fruits and nuts.
- 1910 His great grand uncle Leonidas Kestekidès was awarded the first Medal at the International Fair of Brussels for the invention of the Orange peal covered
- 1911 Opening of the Léonidas Hotel and Tea room in Blaankenberghe, Belgium.
- 1913 Opening of the Pastry and Ice cream parlors under the Name L`éonidas in Gent, Belgium
- 1922 Basile Kestekides, Prodromos and Efthalia Daskalidès- Kestekidès joined their uncle in Belgium and open tea room, pastry shops and Chocolate shops
- 1933 Prodromos and Efthalia Daskalidès expand the original Establishment open in 1885 to become the largest establishment of its kind in Europe.
- 1933 Invention of the Original Belgian chocolate "Manons by Basile Kestekidès and Jean Daskalidès.
- 1935 in Brussels world fair the Manons became the icon of the belgian chocolates assortment.
- 1936 the first shop dedicated to Manons and others Belgian truffles open in Brussels
- 1966 Dimitri became apprenctice at his Grand Uncle Basile Chocolate factory Leonidas in Brussels and at his grand father chocolate factory Daskalidès in Ghent.
- 1989-1994 Daskamerica Saint Petersburg, Florida
- 1991 -1994 Eurochoc USA
- 1997 Deliska tradition in Orlando Florida.
- 2008 Ledimidas Canada inc. was incorporate in Montréal Canada by Alain Patenaude.
Core Business: Premium chocolate original Belgian recipes. Wholesale Hotels, restaurants, ice cream parlors, food distributors, Chocolate and coffee
Ledimidas products, for the general public, are not availlable